Thursday, March 5, 2009

Down Under




Hello family and friends i have been trying to get to a computer to do some updating so here i am. I have done so many things since I have been here. I will start at the beginning. To start how about the plane. My seat was in the side but in the middle: I sat between a girl and a auzzie guy. We were talking getting along great when i asked the question "how long have you been away from home?" he looked at me all confused like and said "I'm english"... there was a very long uncomfortable silence and then the drink cart came around....i was a little embarrassed to say the least. But it was ok i popped 2 tylenol pm's and was out for the next 10hr's. When i first landed I was wandering around the airport i must have looked like a lost puppy because an aussie lady asked me where i was off to. I told her and then she told me where to go but i could not really understand her and i just said thank you so much and then stood their. She put her hands on her hips looked me down like I was stupid and said "what the hell are you doing still standin here gate 8" I felt so stupid i ran to gate  8 AHAHA!! When i got to the air port in Brisbane Peta picked me up, she lives in Brisbane and is the nicest person ever. She made me feel right at home in a very big different place.

2 comments:

  1. Angela,
    My heart is swelling with pride at what a brave little traveler you are. Hearing about your adventure makes me want to get a plane ticket asap and start my own. I hope you're having so much fun. Here's my travel motto: "Do one thing every day that scares you". I promise it will help you live-up your time away. And remember, home will be there when you get back so try not to long for it too much.
    Post more and more. I'm adventuring vicariously through you and need frequent updates.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great blog. I thought when you got back to Max and Mel's you would add to it. thanks for the great photos and info on the blog. you are terrific. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete