Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Time I Fell For The SoAp MAN

Sometimes people make mistakes.

Sometimes our senses are just not working.

Sometimes we are merely blinded..... in my case it was a peace of fabric?

I can remember the day well. You know how it is... the salon is crazy.. people coming and going. You book up so fast that you don't have time to stop and see what's right in front of you. Well i decided to slow down "smell the roses" if you will. So i was directed to the men's section where my next client was caped and ready for a hair cut.(I only take 15 min for a men's cut but i was booked out 30, so i could have a quick break) I introduced myself and started up some small talk. Before i new it we were chatting away, talking about travel, shopping, you name it. Other than the fact that he was going bald and had a mullet, i could not stop enjoying out conversation! He sat quite tall in his chair meaning he was tall, and that made me happy. I found that all my bottled up flirtatious energy was leaking out into our conversation. Some of the girls were staring at me, but i could not see why. I was blinded i suppose.

Before i new it my next client was waiting and the 30 min had passed. It felt to soon. Our time ran out so fast... to fast i thought to myself as i took off the cape. And then.... my mind froze. There standing before me was a 5.5 man in a tank top and short short short short (jean cutoffs). I will never understand that clothing choice for a dude. As i rang the hair cut into the computer, he was still talking i tried to focus but my mind was still frozen on his hairy legs and short shorts.

When he left the girls came up to me and asked what we were talking about, for the life of me I could not remember. They then told me that he was the "soap man" (the dude who sells soap at the stand in the mall) A flush of blood filled my cheeks. The soap man blinded me. I don't know if it was the deception of his height of his cheese grin but i was blinded bye love... or was it a cape?

4 comments:

  1. I dare you to go to the mall and buy some soap from him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dare you to go buy soap from him wearing matching shorty shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhahahhahahahaahhaha mange this story was very entertaining. but between this and your friendship one i am OFFICIALLY worried about you!!!!! im coming in a month, plz stay sane till then and when you feel blinded by love, or become overcome with emotion towards someone just because they are actually talking to you! just stop, take a step back, and analyze the situation, i dont want you to run off with the bread man or something before i even get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, keep your head on your shoulders, attached with your neck and remember what your Mother has taught you!!! now that does not make any sense but just know that I loved what you wrote!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete